Saturday, June 13, 2009

MIRABELLA FAITH Has Arrived June 8th, 2009!

Brian and I reported to Fairview Hospital at 6 a.m promptly Monday, June 8th, 2009.  As soon as we arrived, I was handed my gown and hooked up to the pitocin.  Brian and I played a round of Sequence and listened to our iPod, then my mom arrived.  Soon after, my OB came in to see how we were we doing and then she had to break my water.  It sounds painful, but it was not bad at all.  But once my water was broken, then the contractions came!  I went from 4 cm to 10 cm dilated very quickly.  I made it to 9 cm without my epidural and as soon as I asked for it, the anesthetiologist was on her way to made me feel like a hundred bucks!  By the time my epidural was complete, I was at 10 cm and ready to bring our little girl into the world!  It was exciting and scary all at once.  It was great to have Brian and my mom there to hold my hands during the biggest moment of my life.  At 4:11 p.m.  Mirabella Faith Ashton arrived, weighing in at a whopping 8 pounds 15 ounces and measuring 19 inches long.  I got to hold my little girl for the first 2 hours of her life uninterrupted - hold her, cherish her, love her.  It was the best moment of my life!








1 comment:

  1. Hey Yvonne, Amy told me of your blog and your new baby. Congrats on Bella. She looks beautiful and I'm very happy for you. (June 8th is also my wife's birthday.) -yan

    ReplyDelete